Financial qualifications are no longer just for university graduates. Times have changed and tuition has evolved. And financial literacy is a scarce skill. So, whether you have recently left school or are already working, you can study towards an internationally recognised ICB qualification.
The Further Education and Training Certificate in Bookkeeping provides you with the knowledge to analyse financial statements, understand cash flow and complete basic management accounts, as well as a working knowledge of cost accounting, financial management and business ethics.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Individuals wanting to be employed in a finance department.
- Owners or managers of small business completing and managing their own books.
- You require an accounting qualification to help you progress in your career.
Lectures for each module are conducted once a week in the evening or on a Saturday morning over 12 weeks.
The programme fee includes ICB registration, ICB assessment fees and all programme material, which becomes the property of the student.
The programme assessment portfolio of evidence includes assignments, formative evaluations and written examinations.
The Further Education and Training Certificate: Bookkeeping consists of two modules which are outlined in the following sections.
- Completed Grade 11 (Std 9) or equivalent.
- Successful completion of the ICB National Certificate: Bookkeeping qualification.
Cost & Management Accounting
- An introduction to managerial accounting.
- Controlling inventory and overhead costs.
- Accounting for a manufacturing enterprise.
- Budgeting and standard costing.
- Job costing.
- Financial Management.
- Organisational ethics.
- Finalisation and interpretation of accounts.
- Depreciable assets.
- Financial statements of the sole trader.
- Corporate entities (closed corporations/ companies)
- Introduction to IFRS for SMEs.
- Statement of cash flows.
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) is a Quality Assurance Partner (QAP) of the Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (FASSET SETA). FASSET SETA falls under the Occupational Qualifications Framework (OQF) which is quality assured by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO).
Varsity College, a brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE) (Pty) Ltd which is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) as a Private Higher Education Institute, offers tuition for several of the ICB qualifications that are registered with the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
The Further Education &Training Certificate: Bookkeeping programme is on a an NQF L4 (SAQA ID 58376), certified by FASSET.