This programme offers an individual the opportunity to commence a career in office administration. Office administrators include executive personal assistants, co-ordinators of front office duties and branch administrators, to name a few. This short learning programme is one of the modules of the ICB Certificate: Office Administrator.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Individuals looking to enter or recently appointed into the following positions:
- Receptionist, Office Assistant, Office Administrator, Public Relations Assistant, Marketing Administrator, Executive Personal Assistant.
Lectures are conducted twice a week in the evenings or on a Saturday morning over 12 weeks.
The programme fee includes ICB Registration, ICB assessment fees and all study material, which becomes the property of the student.
Students should meet the following requirements:
- Completed Grade 12 (std 10) or equivalent and at least 16 years of age.
- Be proficient in English.
- Must be able to prepare for lectures and engage in self-directed study outside the classroom and be prepared for dynamic discussion in the classroom.
- Covers the role and functions of a secretary or receptionist.
- Provides knowledge of effective filing and record management systems.
- Drafting of basic business reports.
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) is a Quality Assurance Partner (QAP) of the Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (FASSET SETA). FASSET SETA falls under the Occupational Qualifications Framework (OQF) which is quality assured by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO).
Varsity College, an educational brand of the Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd (IIE) which is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) as a Private Higher Education Institute, offers support sessions for the Business & Office Administration programme which is certified by the ICB and is one of six modules constituting the Certificate: Office Administration, NQF level 5, (SAQA ID 23618) which ICB Offers.
On successful completion of this Business & Office Administration module, students will receive a full transcript of results from the ICB. FASSETT will issue your qualification certificate to you within three months once and if you have completed all the modules that make up your qualification.