This short learning programme (SLP) introduces students to the field of business management. The rapidly changing and competitive context within which a business operates is examined and the purpose of a business in society discussed. The exciting field of entrepreneurship will be explored and the decisions relating to starting a business introduced. Students also learn about the contemporary issues relating to corporate social responsibility and the business environment.
Through the exploration of these environments, the student becomes aware of challenging issues managers have to deal with on a daily basis, and the student will gain knowledge of how best to deal with these issues.
TAKING THE DISTANCE OUT OF DISTANCE EDUCATION
The distance delivery mode provides the student with the opportunity to study in the comfort of their home and to plan the study workload according to their individual pace. The support offered on line and through other means ensures that the student is not left feeling alone in this process and can still enjoy high quality support throughout the process.
Our distance delivery for the Business Management SLP has been designed with distance students' needs in mind, and includes the following:
- A structured learning environment on line that will take you through the learning process making use of the best of instructional design thinking that will enable you to understand and apply as you progress through the studies. The on line design will ensure that you do not get lost.
- A learner guide designed to lead the student through the textbook. It includes questions and answers for practice and revision.
- Online Tutors who are subject experts and maintain the human experience of the learning process in each module with you.
- A Programme Success Tutor who supports your learning journey across all your modules.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This SLP is specifically designed for an individual wanting to:
- Gain a foundational understanding of business management and who may have the intention to further their studies in management.
- New managers with a knowledge base limited to a specific functional area of business.
- Persons wishing to update their knowledge of practices in business management in a changing world.