ADVANCED MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) is the world’s largest professional body of management accountants. Their mission is to help people and businesses to succeed in the public and private sectors. CIMA prepares people for a career in business.
The CIMA Professional Qualification: Chartered Management Accountant (SAQA ID 20400) comprises three pillars of knowledge divided into three levels of achievement. These levels are the Operational level, then the Management level and finally the Strategic level.
The Advanced Management Accounting (P2) programme is one of the courses on the Management level of the CIMA Professional Programme.
CIMA PROGRAMME RULES APPLY
Students need to be registered with CIMA who determine entrance requirements.
Access to the Management level of the CIMA professional programme is usually granted by CIMA through the successful completion of:
- the CIMA Operational level; or
- the IIE Bachelor of Commerce degree with Financial Management as the core discipline.
The Operational level consists of three courses:
- Cost planning and analysis for competitive advantage.
- Control and performance management of responsibility centres.
- Long-term decision making.
- Management control and risk.
CIMA programme rules apply for CIMA certification.