CIMA is available at the following select campuses: CT, DBN North, Sandton and PTA.
The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) is the world’s largest professional body of management accountants. Their mission is to help people and businesses to succeed in the public and private sectors. CIMA prepares people for a career in business.
The CIMA Professional Qualification: Chartered Management Accountant (SAQA ID 20400) comprises three pillars of knowledge divided into three levels of achievement. These levels are the Operational level, then the Management level and finally the Strategic level.
The Advanced Management Accounting (P2) programme is one of the courses on the Management level of the CIMA Professional Programme.
RECOGNISED CIMA LEARNING PARTNER
The IIE Business School at Varsity College, an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE), is a recognised CIMA learning partner to provide contact support sessions to students who are registered with CIMA.
DURATION OF ADVANCED MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING (P2)
Lectures will consist of 30 hours tuition support at The Business School at Varsity College for this course.
Students will be required to purchase the official CIMA study texts from Kaplan Publishers.
The IIE Business School provides contact support sessions only, to help students prepare for their CIMA assessments. Students must register directly with CIMA for the objective tests and the integrated case study. These are written at a Pearson VIE testing centre. An examination fee will be charged by CIMA for each assessment.
Flexible payment options:
3 Months: R1260
6 Months: R650
You will also need to register with CIMA via this link http://www.cimaglobal.com/Study-with-us/How-to-register/
Please note that content of this factsheet is subject to change.
CIMA PROGRAMME RULES APPLYELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Students need to be registered with CIMA who determine entrance requirements.
Access to the Management level of the CIMA professional programme is usually granted by CIMA through the successful completion of:
- the CIMA Operational level; or
- the IIE Bachelor of Commerce degree with Financial Management as the core discipline.
The following content will be covered in this course:
- Cost planning and analysis for competitive advantage.
- Control and performance management of responsibility centres.
- Long-term decision making.
- Management control and risk.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Management accounting professionals who wish to learn how to analyse, plan and manage costs to support the implementation of the organisation’s strategy.
- Management accounting professionals who want to manage and control the performance of business units with the organisation in line with short-term budgets & long-term strategy
- Management accounting professionals who want to make investment decisions, taking into account the risks related with such decisions.
CIMA programme rules apply for CIMA certification.
The Business School’s preffered partner for study material is Kaplan Publishers. You can order directly from them or purchase their material at any reputable academic book store