People are the most important resource within an organisation. Within a school environment, teachers are the key personnel responsible for the learning experience of their students. It is the responsibility of the Heads of Departments (HoDs) and Education Managers to equip themselves with effective mentoring and leadership practices to inspire the best in their teachers. This Short Learning Programme equips individuals to use the Integrated Quality Management System (IQMS) effectively to empower teachers to engage in an ongoing process of professional development.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- HoDs and/or School Principals looking to complete a quality professional development learning programme to enhance people management skills.
- Educators wanting to enhance their knowledge and mentoring and leadership knowledge and skills.
Lectures are conducted once a week in the evening or on a Saturday morning over 8 weeks
The SLP fee includes all programme material, which becomes the property of the student. This material constitutes a valuable source of ongoing reference.
Students will be required to complete an assignment/case study as their final assessment.
THE INDEPENDENT INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (THE IIE) - ACCREDITED BY THE BRITISH ACCREDITATION COUNCIL
The IIE has been internationally recognised and accredited by The British Accreditation Council (BAC). The BAC has been responsible for setting Standards within the independent further and higher education sector for 25 years. Their accreditation is held by hundreds of colleges in the UK and overseas. They provide the leading mark of educational quality for the sector, which is used by students, parents, agencies and beyond as a guarantee of standards. For more information please visit http://www.the-bac.org
*Please note that content is subject to change
Students should meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of four years teaching experience.
- Preferably be in a management position within a teaching environment.
- Be proficient in English.
- Preferably have three to four years work experience.
- Must be able to engage in self-directed study.
- The role of the IQMS is to drive accountability through performance management.
- Mentoring and leadership techniques for HoDs and Principals to stimulate growth and development for their staff and school as a whole.
Education Mentoring & Leadership is a SLP that is certified by The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). Students enrolled for this SLP can apply, on successful completion, to be exempt based on recognition of prior learning from the equivalent module on The IIE Education Management Development Programme. All SLPs available through The Business School at Varisty College have been specifically designed for working adults. These SLPs differ from The IIE full qualifications also available through Varsity College which are registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). Before registration students must ensure that the programme selected best suits their individual learning and workplace objectives.