Education Managers are constantly under pressure to maximise financial resources. More often than not, they are required to provide the best learning experience possible for their students, while working within the constraints of extremely tight budgets. This short learning programme equips individuals with financial management skills to support their decision making related to the use of financial resources.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- HODs and/or School Principals looking to complete a quality professional development learning programme to enhance their financial management skills.
- Educators wanting to enhance their knowledge on school Financial Management.
Lectures are conducted once a week in the evening or on a Saturday morning over 12 weeks.
The SLP fee includes all programme material, which becomes the property of the student. This material constitutes a valuable source of ongoing reference.
Students will be required to complete an assignment as a final assessment.
THE INDEPENDENT INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (THE IIE) - ACCREDITED BY THE BRITISH ACCREDITATION COUNCIL
The IIE has been internationally recognised and accredited by The British Accreditation Council (BAC). The BAC has been responsible for setting Standards within the independent further and higher education sector for 25 years. Their accreditation is held by hundreds of colleges in the UK and overseas. They provide the leading mark of educational quality for the sector, which is used by students, parents, agencies and beyond as a guarantee of standards. For more information please visit http://www.the-bac.org
*Please note that content is subject to change
Students should meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of four years teaching experience.
- Preferably be in a management position within a teaching environment.
- Be proficient in English.
- Preferably have three to four years work experience.
- Must be able to engage in self-directed study.
- Interpret financial in formation to facilitate informed decision making regarding the various aspects of a school.
- Budgeting and costing techniques for a school environment.
- Utilise acquired accounting and financial management knowledge to analyse and interpret financial results to facilitate sound financial and investment decisions.
Finance for Education Managers is a SLP that is certified by The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). Students enrolled for this SLP can apply, on successful completion, to be exempt based on recognition of prior learning from the equivalent module on The IIE Education Management Development Programme. All SLPs available through The Business School at Varsity College have been specifically designed for working adults. These SLPs differ from the full qualifications available through Varsity College which are registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). Before registration students must ensure that the programme selected best suits their individual learning and workplace objectives.