Financial qualifications are no longer just for university graduates. Times have changed and tuition has evolved. And financial literacy is a scarce skill. So, whether you have recently left school or are already working, you can study towards an internationally recognised ICB qualification.
This programme provides the student with the knowledge to draft and interpret financial statements.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Individuals wanting to be employed in a finance department.
- Owners or managers of a small business who complete and manage their own books.
- Individuals wanting an accounting qualification to help them progress in their career.
Lectures for each module are conducted once a week in the evening or on a Saturday morning over 12 weeks.
The programme fee includes ICB registration, ICB assessment fees and all programme material, which becomes the property of the student.
The programme assessment includes a portfolio of evidence, assignments, formative evaluations and written examinations.
Students should meet the following requirements:
- Completed Grade 11 (Std 9) or equivalent.
- Students must be at least 16 years of age.
- Finalisation and interpretation of accounts.
- Depreciable assets.
- Financial statements of the sole trader.
- Corporate entities (closed corporations/ companies)
- Introduction to IFRS for SMEs.
- Statement of cash flows.
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) is a Quality Assurance Partner (QAP) of the Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (FASSET SETA). FASSET SETA falls under the Occupational Qualifications Framework (OQF) which is quality assured by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO).
Varsity College, an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd ( The IIE) which is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) as a Private Higher Education Institute, offers support sessions for the Financial Statements module which is certified by FASSET and is one of two modules constituting the Further Education and Training Certificate: Bookkeeping, NQF L4 (SAQA ID 58376), which ICB offers.
On successful completion of this Financial Statements module, students will receive a full transcript of results from the ICB. FASSET will issue your qualification certificate to you within three months once and if you have completed all the modules that make up your qualification.