- Introduction to the Management of People
- Managing Diverse and Unique Employees
- Human Resource Planning
- Attracting, Motivating and Retaining Staff
- Performance Management
- Compensation and Rewarding Performance
- Training, Development, and Learning
- The South African Labour Relations System
- The South African Labour Legislation Framework
- Managing Labour Relations in the Workplace
- Managing Relational Capital
- Leadership of People
- Strategic Leadership and Human Resource Management
- Structural Capital, Culture, and Change
WHAT IS THE TEACHING AND LEARNING STRATEGY OF THE IIE'S VARSITY COLLEGE, AND HOW WILL IT HELP PREPARE ME FOR THE 21ST CENTURY WORKING WORLD?
At The IIE's Varsity College we are proud of and passionate about our shift away from the 'traditional lecturing' methodology to our blended-learning strategy – the VC Blend.
This blended-learning strategy extends learning beyond the confines of the classroom and creates opportunities for our students to work collaboratively, with peers and their educators, to construct their understanding of concepts. Student engagement is supported by the use of a learning management system (LMS) and the online learning materials that have been developed to underpin our teaching strategy.
This student-focused approach compels our students to be accountable for their learning while developing the critical skills they will need to thrive in the rapidly changing 21st century work environment.
As such, academic life for our students is dynamic, challenging and relevant.
The content of the SLP is correct at the time of print. Please note that in line with academic practice, The IIE's programme content is annually reviewed thus changes may occur in module structure and sequence in order to ensure that the SLP remains relevant. The exit level outcomes of the programme do not change.