Successful marketing today ensures survival in an increasingly competitive environment and a dynamic approach to marketing marks the success of leading companies worldwide.
This short learning programme (SLP) emphasises the development of skills required to analyse and solve marketing challenges. Based on recognised theoretical principles, it focuses on practical Strategic Marketing applications. This enables students to put their learning into practice immediately - and maintain their critically important competitive edge.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Those requiring skills necessary to analyse and solve marketing challenges to achieve a strategic advantage.
- Those wishing to broaden their career expertise from sales to marketing and enhance their earning potential.
- Graduates wanting to add a recognised job-related programme to their CV to enable them to enter the marketing sphere.
- Owners of small businesses who recognise the importance of marketing for the success of their businesses in the global context.
- Anyone wishing to function effectively in the marketing environment.
Duration and mode of delivery
Marketing Management is offered as a distance Short Learning Programme (SLP)
WHAT IS THE BENIFIT OF DISTANCE STUDIES
The distance delivery mode provides the student with the opportunity to study in the comfort of their home and to plan the study workload according to their individual pace. The study material, which has been carefully designed with distance students’ needs in mind, entails the following:
- A module guide designed to lead the student through the textbook. It includes questions and answers for practice and revision.
- An online learning portal, containing interactive, media rich activities for students to engage with in order to deepen their understanding of the subject matter.
- An online tutor who maintains the human experience of the learning process.
Students will be provided with the added value of face to face sessions. These sessions are highly recommended, as they provide the opportunity for rich discussion and conceptual explanation and to meet fellow students with whom to network. Students who attend face to face sessions are more likely to be motivated and to remain committed to their studies. However, should students not be able to attend any face to face sessions, the module guide, textbook and online facilitation will provide the necessary support for student success.
The short learning programme fee includes all programme material, which becomes the property of the student. This material constitutes a valuable source of ongoing reference.
Students will be required to complete tests, assignments and an examination.
- Aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills to create and implement creative marketing strategies.
- Enables students to familiarise themselves with the mechanics of the various frameworks and processes in use today.
- Equips students to apply marketing principles in a practical and profitable way.
- Assists students to manage information flowing in from an increasingly complex and ever changing environment.
THE INDEPENDENT INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION (THE IIE) - ACCREDITED BY THE BRITISH ACCREDITATION COUNCIL
The IIE has been internationally recognised and accredited by the British Accreditation Council (BAC). The BAC has been responsible for setting standards within the independent further and higher education sector for 25 years. Their accreditation is held by hundreds of college in the UK and overseas. They provide the leading mark of educational quality for the sector, which is used by students, parents, agencies and beyond as a guarantee of standards. For more information please visit http://www.the-bac.org
*Please note that content is subject to change
Students should meet the following requirements:
- Be proficient in English.
- Preferably have three to four years work experience.
- Must be able to engage in self-directed study.
- The Marketing Philosophy
- The Strategic Approach
- The Marketing Environment
- The Planning Process
- Marketing Research
- Finding Market Opportunities
- Understanding Consumers
- Product Strategy
- Pricing Strategy
- Distribution Strategy
- Promotional Strategy
- Advertising and Promotions
- Customer Relationship Management
- Creating Competitive Advantage
- Strategy Development
Marketing Management is a SLP that is certified by The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). Varsity College is an educational brand of The IIE.nStudents enrolled for this SLP can apply, on successful completion, to be exempt, based on recognition of prior learning, from the equivalent full qualification module when registering for The IIE BCom degree (exempt from Marketing Management 1a and 1b).
All SLPs available through Varsity College’s The Business School have been specifically designed for working adults. These SLPs differ from The IIE’s full qualifications available through Varsity College which are registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). Before registration students must ensure that the programme selected best suits their individual learning and workplace objectives.