This short learning programme is designed to equip individuals with the basic principles of completing tax returns for businesses and individuals.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Those aiming to be employed in a finance department.
- Individuals juggling the finances of a growing company or running a small business, including bookkeeping practice.
- Individuals seeking to become a tax practitioner.
Lectures are conducted twice a week in the evening or on a Saturday morning over 12 weeks.
The programme fee includes ICB registration, ICB assessment fees and all study material, which becomes the property of the student.
Students should meet the following requirements:
- Grade 12 (Std 10) or equivalent - with accounting as a subject
- Successful completion of the previous learning areas (1-6) – or be a qualified Senior Bookkeeper.
Income Tax returns
- Introduction to taxation
- Gross income
- Exempt income
- Allowable deductions
- Fringe benefits and allowances
- Taxable income of an individual
- Employees’ tax and provisional tax
- Taxation of non-residents
- Taxation of business entities
- Turnover tax
- Completing tax returns
- Capital gains tax
- Donations tax
- Estate duty
- SARS and the Tax Practitioner
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) is a Quality Assurance Partner (QAP) of the Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (FASSET SETA). FASSET SETA falls under the Occupational Qualifications Framework (OQF) which is quality assured by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO).
Varsity College, a site of delivery for the Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd (IIE) which is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) as a Private Higher Education Institute, offers tuition for the Income Tax Returns module which is certified by FASSET and is one of two modules constituting the National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting, NQF level 5, SAQA ID 36213, which ICB offers.
On successful completion of this Income Tax Returns module, students will receive a full transcript of results from the ICB. FASSET will issue your qualification certificate to you within three months once and if you have completed all the modules that make up your qualification.