The ICB Financial Accounting programme will equip you with knowledge and practical skills in bookkeeping, financial accounting, income tax, financial management, reporting standards, corporate strategy, management accounting and research.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- If you would like to gain skills and knowledge that are useful in business
- If you are aiming to be employed in a finance department
- Those who are assisting with the finances of a growing company
- If you are thinking of opening your own bookkeeping practice one day
- Those who are known to have a good head for numbers
Lectures are conducted twice a week in the evening or on a Saturday morning over 12 weeks.
The programme fee includes ICB registration and ICB assessment fees and all programme material, which becomes the property of the student.
The programme assessment includes a portfolio of evidence, three activities, two formative evaluations and a written examination at the close of the programme.
- Successful completion of the previous learning areas (1-8) – i.e. hold the National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting NQF L5, or equivalent.
- Activity-based costing
- Cost-classification, estimation and behavior
- Cost-volume-profit analysis
- Linear programming
- Standard costing
- Relevant costs
- Expected value theory and decision trees
- Pricing policy and transfer pricing
- Divisional performance evaluation
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) is a Quality Assurance Partner (QAP) of the Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (FASSET SETA). FASSET SETA falls under the Occupational Qualifications Framework (OQF) which is quality assured by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO).
Varsity College, is a brand of The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd (The IIE) which is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) as a Private Higher Education Institute, offers tuition for the Management Accounting Control Systems module which is certified by FASSET and is one of four modules constituting the National Diploma: Financial Accounting, NQF level 6, (SAQA ID 20366), which ICB offers.
On successful completion of this Management Accounting Control Systems module, students will receive a full transcript of results from the ICB. FASSETT will issue your qualification certificate to you within three months once and if you have completed all the modules that make up your qualification.