ICB RESEARCH THEORY & PRACTICE
(Short Learning Programme)
The ICB Financial Accounting programme will equip you with knowledge and practical skills in bookkeeping, financial accounting, income tax, financial management, reporting standards, corporate strategy, management accounting and research. The ICB Research Theory & Practice programme is one of four modules that comprise the ICB Financial Accounting programme, and is offered as a short learning programme through The Business School at Varsity College.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- If you would like to gain skills and knowledge that are useful in business
- If you are aiming to be employed in a finance department
- Those who are assisting with the finances of a growing company
- If you are thinking of opening your own bookkeeping practice one day
- Those who are known to have a good head for numbers
- Successful completion of the previous learning areas (1-8) – i.e. hold the ICB National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting NQF L5, or equivalent.
Lectures are conducted twice a week in the evening or on a Saturday morning over 3 weeks.
The programme fee includes ICB registration and ICB assessment fees and all programme material, which becomes the property of the student.
The programme assessment includes a portfolio of evidence, three activities, two formative evaluations and a written examination at the close of the programme.
- How to conduct research in accounting
- How to reference information sources
- Compiling a short dissertation
- Editing and proofreading a dissertation
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) is a Quality Assurance Partner (QAP) directly appointed by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations QCTO. Varsity College, is a brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE) which is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) as a private higher education institute, offers tuition for the ICB Research Theory and Practice subject and is one of four subjects constituting the ICB National Diploma: Financial Accounting, NQF level 6, SAQA ID 20366, which is certified by Finance Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (FASSET).
On successful completion of this Accounting theory and practice subject, students will receive a full transcript of results from the ICB. FASSET will issue your qualification certificate to you within three to six months once you have completed all the subjects that make up your qualification.