The days of manually recording financial information are a thing of the past. Today’s modern bookkeeper makes full use of the calculating power of computerised accounting. Using the Sage Pastel accounting system, bookkeepers are not only improving their efficiency but are also saving valuable time. This Short Learning Programme offers those with a basic understanding of bookkeeping and the Windows® environment an opportunity to extend their expertise and administer an electronic set of accounts.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Those who wish to keep a computerised set of accounts for a small to medium-sized business.
- Bookkeepers who wish to gain the practical knowledge of electronic bookkeeping.
Lectures are conducted twice a week in the evening or on a Saturday morning over 8 weeks.
The Short Learning Programme fee includes all programme material, which becomes the property
of the student. This material constitutes a valuable source of on-going reference.
The programme assessment involves a test and a formal examination at the close of the programme.
- The use and utilisation of the system navigator.
- How to set-up and create a new company within Sage Pastel.
- Creating and editing the accounts and codes for a company and taking on an opening balance from other systems.
- Processing orders and purchases for both suppliers and creditors.
- How to use Sage Pastel for sales in relation to customers and debtors.
- Utilising the Sage Pastel cash book for payments/deposits and petty cash.
- Compiling bank reconciliation and month-end reports.
THE INDEPENDENT INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION – ACCREDITED BY THE BRITISH ACCREDDITATION COUNCIL
The IIE has been internationally recognized and accredited by the British Accreditation Council (BAC). The BAC has been responsible for setting standards within the independent further and higher education sector for 25 years. Their accreditation is held by hundreds of colleges in the UK and overseas. They provide the leading mark of educational quality for the sector, which is used by students, parents, agencies and beyond as a guarantee of standards. For more information please visit http://www.the-bac.org
Sage Pastel Accounting is a Short Learning Programme (SLP) that is certified by The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). Varsity College is an educational brand of The IIE. Students enrolled in this Short Learning Programme can apply, on successful completion, to be awarded credit for the equivalent full qualification module when registering for a full qualification with The Independent Institute of Education. All Short Learning Programmes (SLPs) that are available through Varsity College’s The Business School have been specifically designed for working adults. These SLPs differ from the full qualifications that are also available through Varsity College and which are registered on the National Qualifications Framework. Before you register you must ensure that the programme you select best suits your individual learning and workplace objectives.